Rev. John Brooks Changed Lives and History's CourseBy
Clarence Thomas and Ted Wells are not prone to letting emotions overwhelm then. And yet I’ve seen both of them—the Supreme Court justice and the top trial lawyer, respectively—fight back tears when talking about one man: Rev. John Brooks, S.J. Father Brooks transformed their lives when they were at the College of the Holy Cross in the late 1960s, and he remained their mentor and friend until Monday. On July 2, Brooks died at the age of 88.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Marc Faber Asked to Leave Sprott Board After Racist Report
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing