U.K. Budget Deficit Swells as Recession Hits Tax RevenueFergal O’Brien and Gonzalo Vina
Britain had a larger budget shortfall than economists forecast in May as the recession hit taxes and pushed up welfare spending, casting doubt on whether Chancellor of the Exchequer George Osborne can meet his full-year deficit target.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Racist Outburst Prompts Faber’s Exit From Three Company Boards
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing