Gaddafi Wanted ‘Isratine’ for Middle East: Lewis Lapham
Historian Bernard Lewis was surprised by Colonel Muammar Qaddafi’s 2006 invitation to visit Libya. After a flight from Tripoli into the desert, Lewis was taken into a big tent where the head of state waited for him.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Ford to Take $267 Million Hit From Recall of F-Series Trucks
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Racist Outburst Prompts Faber’s Exit From Three Company Boards