About That Dan Gilbert Guarantee on LeBron
Two years ago, when LeBron James decided to take his talents to South Beach, he left behind a very bitter Dan Gilbert in Cleveland. The Cavaliers owner and Quicken Loans founder fired off a now legendary e-mail calling James “heartless and callous,” among other things. He also guaranteed, in Comic Sans all-caps, “THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER ‘KING’ WINS ONE.” Adding, perhaps unwisely for a man who made his fortune in mortgage lending, “you can take it to the bank.”
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- As Bitcoin Sinks, Crypto Bros Party Hard on a Blockchain Cruise
- Norwegian Airlines Sets Record for Fastest Transatlantic Flight
- How a 22-Year-Old Discovered the Worst Chip Flaws in History
- Tanker With Russian Gas for Boston Makes Mid-Atlantic U-Turn
- Your Emotional Support Duck Is Not Welcome in Seat 15C