A Challenge to Intel's Dominance in ChipsStacey Higginbotham
AMD, ARM, Texas Instruments, and two smaller chip companies have teamed up to create a nonprofit that will try to unseat Intel’s x86 dominance in computing. They have formed the Heterogeneous Systems Architecture Foundation, which will standardize a single architecture for low-power computing as well as simplify the parallel-programming model used with multicore graphics processors and other systems on a chip.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Marc Faber Asked to Leave Sprott Board After Racist Report
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing