Making the Web's Subscription Economy HumBy
As Web businesses embrace subscription business models to sell consumer goods, the benefits are clear: reduced customer acquisition costs, predictable inventory requirements, and steady cash flow. Last year research firm Gartner calculated that by 2015, more than 40 percent of media and digital-products companies around the world would use subscription services for their fulfillment, billing, and renewals. The challenges in relying on subscription models include controlling customer churn, managing credit-card charge-backs and delinquent payments, and ensuring the security of customers’ financial data.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Ford to Take $267 Million Hit From Recall of F-Series Trucks
- Facebook and Google Helped Anti-Refugee Campaign in Swing States
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster