Making the Web's Subscription Economy HumBy
As Web businesses embrace subscription business models to sell consumer goods, the benefits are clear: reduced customer acquisition costs, predictable inventory requirements, and steady cash flow. Last year research firm Gartner calculated that by 2015, more than 40 percent of media and digital-products companies around the world would use subscription services for their fulfillment, billing, and renewals. The challenges in relying on subscription models include controlling customer churn, managing credit-card charge-backs and delinquent payments, and ensuring the security of customers’ financial data.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- This Rare Bear Who Called the Crash Warns Housing Is Too Hot Again
- One of the World’s Hottest Stocks Is Now Tumbling
- Recent ‘Odd’ Market Moves May Be a Warning Sign for Stocks
- The Global Economy Is Doing Just Fine, But the Davos Elite Is Worried
- Nordea's Bitcoin Ban Leaves Financial Regulator Taking Back Seat