The Rise of the Occasionally Daily NewspaperBy
On Thursday, executives at Advance Publications announced that this coming fall they will reinvent the Times-Picayune into a distinctly 21st century kind of news organization: an occasionally daily newspaper. In an item posted on the paper’s website, the company announced that as part of a broader reorganization the Times-Picayune will (a) increase its online news-gathering and (b) reduce its print publication schedule to Wednesdays, Fridays, and Sundays only. The news was followed by word that three regional daily newspapers in Alabama also owned by the Newhouse family—the Huntsville Times, the Birmingham News, and the Press-Register—would also adopt the occasionally daily (Wednesday, Friday, Sunday) schedule.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- These Guys Want to Lend You Money Against Your Bitcoin
- Fed Raises Rates, Eyes Three 2018 Hikes as Yellen Era Nears End
- This Electric Truck Will Probably Beat Tesla’s to Market
- Bitcoin Points Way to ‘Massive Change’ for Commodity Businesses
- Famed Short-Seller Jim Chanos Says Tesla Headed for ‘Brick Wall’