Aug. 9, 1995. Aug. 19, 2004. Those dates are when Netscape and Google, respectively, went public—each ushering in a new era of the Internet and Wall Street’s ardor for its latest and greatest startups . We will similarly look back at May 18, 2012, the date of Facebook’s IPO, as a landmark moment in the history of what they used to call the World Wide Web.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Billionaire Tom Barrack Throws Harvey Weinstein a Lifeline
- Everything Is Crazy and the Markets Aren’t Freaking Out
- Facebook Is Looking for Employees With National Security Clearances
- London House Prices Fall Most Since Financial Crisis
- Kushners’ Control of Family’s NYC Crown Jewel Is Now in Jeopardy