Bid & Ask: The Deals of the Week
2. Mortgage company Residential Capital declared bankruptcy and will be sold to Fortress Investment Group and Nationstar Mortgage Holdings for about $2.3 billion.
4. U.S. oil and natural gas developer Concho Resources will acquire the oil and gas assets of closely held Three Rivers Operating for $1 billion to expand its operations in Texas.
5. Piramal Healthcare, controlled by Indian billionaire Ajay Piramal, will pay $635 million for health-care research provider Decision Resources Group.
6. Northern Iron, an iron-ore producer with assets in Norway, rejected an initial takeover offer of as much as $476 million from Aditya Birla Group.
7. Global professional services company Towers Watson will pay $435 million for Extend Health, which operates the largest private Medicare exchange in the U.S.
8. The No. 1 uranium producer, Cameco, is buying trader Nukem Energy for $135 million to boost sales of nuclear fuel from non-mining sources such as decommissioned Russian warheads.
9. New York-based Shutterstock, an online seller of stock photos and images, filed to raise $115 million in a U.S. initial public offering.
10. A charity auction of jewels owned by the Brazilian-born billionaire Lily Safra raised $37.5 million. A ruby and diamond ring fetched $6.6 million, an auction record for rubies. The proceeds will go to 20 charitable institutions.