Mobile Wars: VeriFone Caught Copying Square’s User AgreementRyan Kim
Square is by now used to watching a parade of established payment companies try to duplicate its mobile payment system, including most recently VeriFone, which rolled out its SAIL platform earlier this month. While VeriFone’s actual credit-card swipe reader doesn’t look like Square’s dongle, however, it’s pretty clear Verifone used Square as a blueprint for its own service, going so far as to lift much of the language in its legal user agreement directly from Square’s merchant user agreement.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- This $14 Million Atlanta Home With Bunker Is ‘Safest in America’
- These Cities Make NYC Housing Look Dirt Cheap
- GE's New CEO Vows Sweeping Change After ‘Unacceptable’ Report
- Separatists Pledge to Fight On After Spain Moves to Oust Catalan Leaders
- The U.K.'s $86 Billion Pension Problem Is About to Solve Itself