How I Got Here: Google's Brent CallinicosMelanie Danko
Brent Callinicos took a non-traditional route to Google, where he currently serves as vice president and treasurer. After moving to the United States from South Africa, he enrolled as an undergraduate business student at the University of North Carolina. Instead of looking for a job upon graduating, he immediately joined the MBA program at UNC. As part of Bloomberg Businessweek’s ‘How I Got Here’ series, Bloomberg’s Melanie Danko spoke with Callinicos about his shift from college life to consumer products—and his jump into the tech sector, thanks to some savvy networking skills and a multifaceted career path. What follows is the story of Callinicos’s career progression in his own words. (Some quotes have been edited for space and clarity.)
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Fewest Jobless Claims Since 1973 Show Firm U.S. Job Market
- Greenwich Mansion Listings Pulled to Wait for a Better Day
- U.S. Stocks Climb With Treasuries as Dollar Slides: Markets Wrap
- The U.K.'s $86 Billion Pension Problem Is About to Solve Itself
- Germans Are Going Wild for a Show Set During the Dawn of the Nazis