Lookout Safeguards Smartphones, but Do Consumers Care?
The alert came in around 3 a.m. on May 2. The website of a pest control company was being something of a pest itself, harassing visitors into downloading a suspicious “security update.” Normally, a website spreading malware wouldn’t stir much excitement among computer security professionals. This was different: The virus-laden site targeted only mobile phones, not PCs.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Ford to Take $267 Million Hit From Recall of F-Series Trucks
- Facebook and Google Helped Anti-Refugee Campaign in Swing States
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster