The Silver Lining to the Drop in StartupsScott Shane
A long-term trend toward fewer business failures. That’s what you could have titled the recently released Kauffman Foundation-Census Bureau study (PDF) on U.S. entrepreneurship, entitled “Where Have All the Young Firms Gone?” While the report focuses on the decline in business creation, implicit in the data it discusses is a long-term decline in the failure rate of businesses.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Ford to Take $267 Million Hit From Recall of F-Series Trucks
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Racist Outburst Prompts Faber’s Exit From Three Company Boards