Rediscovering the PhilippinesBy
Be honest: What do you know about the Philippines? Ten bucks says it’s 1980s First Dictator Lady Imelda Marcos’s 3,000 pairs of shoes. Or the mysterious draw of fast-food joint Jollibee. Maybe it’s the cocktail party-wowing fact that Journey front man Arnel Pineda was a Filipino street kid who turned into a cover-band sensation and then became the heir to great American Steve Perry.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Racist Outburst Prompts Faber’s Exit From Three Company Boards
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing