The Best Government Investments in Small Business?Scott Shane
When our elected officials advocate small business policies, they invariably invoke the concept of an economic multiplier. One of the most recent examples: House Democrat Nydia M. Velazquez (D-N.Y.) used the idea at Small Business Committee hearings on the role of American entrepreneurs in economic recovery. “By creating brand new markets and sparking competition,” she said, “these firms often have a multiplier effect on job creation.”
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- This Rare Bear Who Called the Crash Warns Housing Is Too Hot Again
- One of the World’s Hottest Stocks Is Now Tumbling
- Recent ‘Odd’ Market Moves May Be a Warning Sign for Stocks
- Singapore Soars Up Innovation Rankings, U.S. Falls Out of Top 10
- Here’s What Trump’s Tariffs on U.S. Imports Are Doing to Markets