The Best Government Investments in Small Business?Scott Shane
When our elected officials advocate small business policies, they invariably invoke the concept of an economic multiplier. One of the most recent examples: House Democrat Nydia M. Velazquez (D-N.Y.) used the idea at Small Business Committee hearings on the role of American entrepreneurs in economic recovery. “By creating brand new markets and sparking competition,” she said, “these firms often have a multiplier effect on job creation.”
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- The U.S. Drops Out of the Top 10 in Innovation Ranking
- Musk's New Pay Deal Could Make Him the World's Richest Man—If Tesla Succeeds
- Here’s What Trump’s Tariffs on U.S. Imports Are Doing to Markets
- Bitcoin May Split 50 Times in 2018 as Forking Craze Mounts
- Trump's Tariffs on Solar Mark Biggest Blow to Renewables Yet