Italy Admits It Can't Balance the Budget in a Recession
Italy’s prime minister has abandoned his bel sogno—his beautiful dream—that Italy can balance its budget during a deepening recession. To some strategists, that’s alarming. To others, it’s an overdue acknowledgement that could actually pave the way for a more sensible policy that gets Italy back on the path to healthy economic growth.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- This $14 Million Atlanta Home With Bunker Is ‘Safest in America’
- These Cities Make NYC Housing Look Dirt Cheap
- GE's New CEO Vows Sweeping Change After ‘Unacceptable’ Report
- Separatists Pledge to Fight On After Spain Moves to Oust Catalan Leaders
- The U.K.'s $86 Billion Pension Problem Is About to Solve Itself