Rare Titian Confirms Durer’s Fear of Venetian Thievery
On Feb. 7, 1506, Albrecht Durer wrote home to Nuremberg from Venice. He had been warned, he mentioned, not to eat with Venetian painters, presumably to avoid poisoning since many were his enemies and copied his work.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Everything Is Crazy and the Markets Aren’t Freaking Out
- Billionaire Tom Barrack Throws Harvey Weinstein a Lifeline
- Facebook Is Looking for Employees With National Security Clearances
- London House Prices Fall Most Since Financial Crisis
- Kushners’ Control of Family’s NYC Crown Jewel Is Now in Jeopardy