IBM and the Misogyny of the MastersBruce Weinstein, PhD
Imagine you’re about to enter a restaurant you’ve heard good things about, but a sign stops you dead in your tracks. “No dogs or Irish.” You decide to take your business elsewhere, so you head over to a competitor across the street. There you encounter a different but equally off-putting notice: “Colored entrance in rear.” Fed up, but not yet fed, you walk briskly to a third eatery, but a bright green neon sign makes you do a double take: “Men only.”
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- This $14 Million Atlanta Home With Bunker Is ‘Safest in America’
- Separatists Pledge to Fight On After Spain Moves to Oust Catalan Leaders
- These Cities Make NYC Housing Look Dirt Cheap
- GE's New CEO Vows Sweeping Change After ‘Unacceptable’ Report
- Greenwich Mansion Listings Pulled to Wait for a Better Day