London Taxis' Next Stop: Azerbaijan
The Azerbaijani pop duo Ell & Nikki’s victory in last year’s Eurovision Song Contest has produced an unlikely beneficiary: a British taxi manufacturer. Tradition dictates that as reigning champ of the pan-European songfest, Azerbaijan gets to host the next competition, to be held on May 26. That has prompted the oil-rich nation to order 1,000 black London-style taxis. The iconic cabs are destined for the capital city of Baku, which has a fleet of 20,000 Soviet-era models, mostly Russian Lada sedans.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- This $14 Million Atlanta Home With Bunker Is ‘Safest in America’
- GE's New CEO Vows Sweeping Change After ‘Unacceptable’ Report
- These Cities Make NYC Housing Look Dirt Cheap
- The U.K.'s $86 Billion Pension Problem Is About to Solve Itself
- Separatists Pledge to Fight On After Spain Moves to Oust Catalan Leaders