BHP Stirs Memory of Alcan Writedowns as Shale Gas Sours: EnergyElisabeth Behrmann
BHP Billiton Ltd.’s $20 billion foray into U.S. shale gas has been hit by a decade-low plunge in prices, raising the specter over the world’s biggest mining company of the Alcan Inc. deal that almost sank Rio Tinto Group.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Ford to Take $267 Million Hit From Recall of F-Series Trucks
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Facebook and Google Helped Anti-Refugee Campaign in Swing States