Europe Is Stuck: It Can't Cut and Grow at the Same TimeBy
European leaders are looking for ways to get growth going again, but tough deficit-reduction rules prevent them from using the most obvious tool: government stimulus. The Europeans could learn from the Obama administration, which despite the occasional misstep has gotten the recovery formula correct: Gas now, brakes later.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Billionaire Tom Barrack Throws Harvey Weinstein a Lifeline
- Everything Is Crazy and the Markets Aren’t Freaking Out
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing
- Facebook Is Looking for Employees With National Security Clearances