China's Pledge to Support Europe: Reading the Tea LeavesBy
This week China told the world that it’s committed to helping Europe solve its debt crisis. Like a lot of official Chinese statements, what that means is open to interpretation. Financial markets chose to read the news as a sign of future financial commitment. The euro on Wednesday strengthened 0.3 percent, to $1.31, and Chinese stocks rose to a two-month high.The euro subsequently slid to $1.29 on Thursday morning before rising above $1.30 again.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- This $14 Million Atlanta Home With Bunker Is ‘Safest in America’
- Separatists Pledge to Fight On After Spain Moves to Oust Catalan Leaders
- These Cities Make NYC Housing Look Dirt Cheap
- GE's New CEO Vows Sweeping Change After ‘Unacceptable’ Report
- Greenwich Mansion Listings Pulled to Wait for a Better Day