A Former Bank Analyst's Thing for Bling
After growing up in Houston, Charlie Chanaratsopon went on to Loyola Marymount in Los Angeles, where he majored in finance and minored in economics. Upon graduation in 2001, he went to work at Sanwa Bank as an analyst. He endured nearly two years of grunt work before he returned home to join his family’s manufacturing company, Silver Express, where he persuaded his parents to construct an office building with a retail center attached. There, with $800,000 in startup costs paid through loans and a personal credit card, Chanaratsopon founded Charming Charlie, his own jewelry shop. “I enjoyed building retail centers, working with engineers and general contractors,” he says, “but the fashion retail business is so much more fun.”
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- This $14 Million Atlanta Home With Bunker Is ‘Safest in America’
- These Cities Make NYC Housing Look Dirt Cheap
- GE's New CEO Vows Sweeping Change After ‘Unacceptable’ Report
- Separatists Pledge to Fight On After Spain Moves to Oust Catalan Leaders
- The U.K.'s $86 Billion Pension Problem Is About to Solve Itself