Miller Wins $47,000 Costa Prize After Judges’ ‘Fierce’ DebateHephzibah Anderson and James Pressley
Andrew Miller won the Costa Book of the Year award last night for “Pure,” a novel about pre-Revolutionary France. He defeated four other authors including the bookies’ favorite, biographer Matthew Hollis, and the U.K. poet laureate, Carol Ann Duffy, to collect a prize of 30,000 pounds ($46,760).
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- A L'Oreal Heiress Is Now the World's Richest Woman
- Ivanka Trump Faces Courtroom Showdown Over $785 Sandals
- How Electric Cars Can Create the Biggest Disruption Since the iPhone
- Uber Losing Battle in London After Regulator Revokes License
- A Storm's Never Destroyed a Grid Like Maria Ruined Puerto Rico's