Titanic’s Owner Ismay Jumped Ship for Life With Coward’s Stigma
Shortly after midnight on April 15, 1912, the owner of the RMS Titanic leaped into one of the last lifeboats to be launched from the ship’s flooded deck. In saving his skin while women and children drowned, he left his reputation to sink with the stricken liner.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- This $14 Million Atlanta Home With Bunker Is ‘Safest in America’
- GE's New CEO Vows Sweeping Change After ‘Unacceptable’ Report
- These Cities Make NYC Housing Look Dirt Cheap
- The U.K.'s $86 Billion Pension Problem Is About to Solve Itself
- Separatists Pledge to Fight On After Spain Moves to Oust Catalan Leaders