Skip to content
Subscriber Only

AT&T Says U.S. Suit to Block T-Mobile Deal Should Go to Trial

AT&T Inc. is seeking a “prompt trial” of the U.S. Justice Department’s lawsuit challenging its proposed acquisition of wireless carrier T-Mobile USA Inc., a lawyer for the company said.

There was no talk of settlement yesterday in federal court in Washington as Mark Hansen, an attorney for AT&T, told U.S. District Judge Ellen Segal Huvelle that the company wants to get to trial as quickly as possible. Huvelle, who had earlier told the parties to come prepared to discuss settlement prospects, set a trial date for Feb. 13.