One Government Funding Source for Small ContractorsBy
For the most part, the myth of free government money for small business funding is just that—mythology. But a handful of federal agencies contract with private companies to do research and development for new systems and products, primarily to aid the U.S. military. One is the Office of Naval Research, which is charged with contracting with small, disadvantaged business owners as defined by the Small Business Administration. Brenda Pickett, associate director of small business for the ONR, spoke recently with Smart Answers columnist Karen E. Klein about what she looks for from small business. Edited excerpts of their conversation follow.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Turns Out It Will Be Congress’s Fault When Stocks Crash
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Facebook and Google Helped Anti-Refugee Campaign in Swing States
- Ford to Take $267 Million Hit From Recall of F-Series Trucks