Killer Avalanche, Soprano on Meat Rack, Adultery: London Stage
Alfredo Catalani’s rarely performed opera “La Wally” (1892) ends with an avalanche killing the hero and the distraught heroine flinging herself into a snowy abyss. It’s the sort of thing that drives directors mad.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill May Be Largest Since BP Disaster
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing
- Billionaire Tom Barrack Throws Harvey Weinstein a Lifeline