Machiavelli Had Man Crush on Pope’s Scion Borgia: Lewis Lapham
During the reign of Pope Alexander VI, the Vatican hosted “bunga bunga” parties each evening when more than 25 young women would be brought to the palace. Unlike other Popes, the lusty Alexander openly acknowledged his many children, the oldest of whom was Cesare Borgia.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Racist Outburst Prompts Faber’s Exit From Three Company Boards
- Here’s How a No-Deal Brexit Could Create Chaos in Your Daily Life