The Joy of CashChris Farrell
You’ve probably heard of a "black swan," the catchphrase coined from the 2007 book by author and investor Nassim Nicholas Taleb. A black swan for investors is essentially an outlier event that dramatically affects the economy and markets. For example, the 1998 Russian debt default that unexpectedly took down the Long Term Capital Management hedge fund and the 2008 global financial free fall when Lehman Brothers imploded.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- These Guys Want to Lend You Money Against Your Bitcoin
- Fed Raises Rates, Eyes Three 2018 Hikes as Yellen Era Nears End
- This Electric Truck Will Probably Beat Tesla’s to Market
- Bitcoin Points Way to ‘Massive Change’ for Commodity Businesses
- Famed Short-Seller Jim Chanos Says Tesla Headed for ‘Brick Wall’