Will Niche Crowdfunding Sites Cut out the Media?
Over the past couple of years, Kickstarter's growth as a source of disruption in the creative industries has been pretty hard to ignore. Om extolled the site's virtues just the other day, and the concept that anybody who has an idea can try to raise money to get it finished has become a big hit—allowing them to raise millions of dollars for gadgets, fashion, and even films. It's so successful, in fact, that investors are now jumping in to back projects that don't reach their target.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Uber Paid Hackers to Delete Stolen Data on 57 Million People
- Tesla’s Burning Through Nearly Half a Million Dollars Every Hour
- Europe Stocks Fall After China Drop; Dollar Steady: Markets Wrap
- New Uber CEO Keeps Finding Horrors at Every Turn
- Two Biggest Risks Now Are China and Inflation, Market Veteran Says