Corpses, Ambition, Art Drew Americans to Paris, Says McCullough
“The Greater Journey” is a boring title for a riveting, sometimes thrilling book. Subtitled “Americans in Paris,” it begins with stories of aspiring artists and physicians who traveled to the French capital in the 1830s to advance their careers.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Billionaire Tom Barrack Throws Harvey Weinstein a Lifeline
- Everything Is Crazy and the Markets Aren’t Freaking Out
- Facebook Is Looking for Employees With National Security Clearances
- Kushners’ Control of Family’s NYC Crown Jewel Is Now in Jeopardy