Bismarck Primed Happy Germans to Worship Hitler: Lewis Lapham
When in 1863 Emperor Franz Joseph summoned German royals for talks on unifying under Austrian rule, Otto von Bismarck was not happy. He had plans of his own for Germany. His sovereign, King William I, was rather more excited to be part of this Congress of Princes.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Turns Out It Will Be Congress’s Fault When Stocks Crash
- Stocks Drop, Yen Gains as Investor Jitters Return: Markets Wrap
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Facebook and Google Helped Anti-Refugee Campaign in Swing States