Facebook Codifies the Green Data CenterKatie Fehrenbacher
On Thursday, Apr. 7, Facebook shared the nitty-gritty details about the energy efficiency of its server and data center designs in its new Oregon-based facility. This is the latest example of how energy-efficient and green data centers are now—a must-have competitive advantage for a leading Internet company. The various energy-efficient innovations that Facebook unveiled today are largely best practices that such companies as Google (GOOG) and Yahoo (YHOO) follow and that organizations like the Green Grid and the Environmental Protection Agency support.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- This $14 Million Atlanta Home With Bunker Is ‘Safest in America’
- These Cities Make NYC Housing Look Dirt Cheap
- GE's New CEO Vows Sweeping Change After ‘Unacceptable’ Report
- Separatists Pledge to Fight On After Spain Moves to Oust Catalan Leaders
- The U.K.'s $86 Billion Pension Problem Is About to Solve Itself