Will Youku Become China's Netflix?Janko Roettgers
If you want to understand the Chinese media market, Youku.com (YOKU) Chief Executive Officer Victor Koo told me last week, you'll have to look back. Way back. Think 1940, when the U.S. media market was completely fragmented, dominated by thousands of locally owned stations, with no big Comcast (CMCSA)-like players in sight.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Ford to Take $267 Million Hit From Recall of F-Series Trucks
- Racist Outburst Prompts Faber’s Exit From Three Company Boards