Chat Transcript: Wharton Admissions
The University of Pennsylvania's Wharton School (Wharton Full-Time MBA Profile), which ranked No.3 in 2010 on Bloomberg Businessweek's ranking of the top U.S.full-time MBA programs, received more than 6,000 applications last year.The school's popularity reflects its history, constant evolution, and encouragement of students to pursue their goals, said Ankur Kumar (screen name: AnkurKumar), deputy director of MBA admissions at Wharton, during a recent live chat event.Along with second-year student John Ross (screen name: JohnRoss), a Navy submarine officer who plans to return to the service after graduation, Kumar fielded questions from Bloomberg Businessweek.com reporter Francesca Di Meglio (screen name: FrancescaBW) and the public. Here are edited excerpts of their conversation:
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Fewest Jobless Claims Since 1973 Show Firm U.S. Job Market
- U.S. Stocks Climb With Treasuries as Dollar Slides: Markets Wrap
- Greenwich Mansion Listings Pulled to Wait for a Better Day
- The U.K.'s $86 Billion Pension Problem Is About to Solve Itself
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting