Restoring America's Will to WinHarold L. Sirkin
The idea of American exceptionalism is generally credited to Alexis de Tocqueville, the French historian who observed in 1835—after a nearly two-year tour of our still-young country—that the U.S. is "exceptional," qualitatively better in important ways than other countries. Austin Powers, the fictional British super spy, might call this America's "mojo." I call it "will to win."
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- The Latest on the Political Turmoil in Zimbabwe
- Goldman Sachs Sees Four 2018 Fed Rate Hikes as U.S. Growth Gains
- Norway Oil Bosses Insist End Isn't Nigh After $35 Billion Shock
- Subways May Be the Latest Casualty of China's Crackdown on Debt
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’