Facebook: $1 Billion in Profit This Year?Mathew Ingram
As Goldman Sachs (GS) lines up private investors for its Facebook fund, which appears to have closed already due to high demand, numbers are beginning to leak out about the social network's financial picture, including—for the first time—credible reports of how much the company is making in profits. Based on the growth in revenue and in the bottom line, Facebook could stand to pull in close to $1 billion in profit this year. While that may not justify the $50 billion market value that Goldman's investment ascribes to the network, it is another sign of just how huge the company has become, and how much further it could grow as it gobbles up an even larger share of online advertising.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Marc Faber Asked to Leave Sprott Board After Racist Report
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing