Why Marketing Is Like GivingSteve McKee
'Tis the season for gift-giving. Which makes it the season for gift-buying. Which makes it the season for gift-selling and, by extension, gift-marketing. December is the biggest advertising month of the year as marketers spend billions of dollars to encourage recession-weary consumers to spread the joy. Marketing is itself a lot like gift-giving; to paraphrase the textbook definition, it's finding out what people want and providing it to them. Below are five general principles you might ponder over a cup of hot cocoa.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Goldman Sachs Sees Four 2018 Fed Rate Hikes as U.S. Growth Gains
- Honda Recalls 800,000 Odyssey Minivans Linked to Injuries
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single