Top Global Business Schools
Pablo Garcia-Morera had almost everything in place he needed to launch a career in Spain after graduating from IE Business School (IE Full-Time MBA Profile) this past December. Though he is Filipino, his family owns an apartment in Madrid and he holds a European Union passport. All he needed to stay in Spain was a job, but finding one proved to be harder than Garcia-Morera, who worked as an account manager at Pepsi Philippines before getting his MBA, could ever have imagined. He spent the six months following graduation applying for dozens of openings in Spain, which has the highest unemployment rate in Europe, with little luck. His hopes rose when he landed interviews at Unilever's (UN) Barcelona office and Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) in Madrid, but neither opportunity panned out.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Ivanka Trump Faces Courtroom Showdown Over $785 Sandals
- Uber Losing Battle in London After Regulator Revokes License
- How Electric Cars Can Create the Biggest Disruption Since the iPhone
- Mercedes Plots Tesla Attack With $1 Billion U.S. Electric Push
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise Is Said to Plan About 5,000 Job Cuts