Hughes: The Internet's Ultimate Enabler
Hughes Communications (HUGH), the country's leading satellite broadband provider, was recently ranked No. 1 on Deloitte's 2010 Technology Fast 500 list. (The ranking is based on percentage growth of fiscal-year revenue from 2005 to 2009.) The irony of the award is that in that period, Hughes has grown like a successful high-tech startup, but it is far from a new company. Hughes has been at the forefront of satellite communications since 1983, when it invented VSAT (very small aperture antenna) satellite networking, with Wal-Mart (WMT) as its first customer. This innovation ushered in the commercialization of satellite communications and has grown to a $4 billion global industry that Hughes has consistently led in both technology development and service delivery.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- These Guys Want to Lend You Money Against Your Bitcoin
- Fed Raises Rates, Eyes Three 2018 Hikes as Yellen Era Nears End
- This Electric Truck Will Probably Beat Tesla’s to Market
- Bitcoin Points Way to ‘Massive Change’ for Commodity Businesses
- Famed Short-Seller Jim Chanos Says Tesla Headed for ‘Brick Wall’