Extend the Recovery to Small BusinessScott Shane
The National Bureau of Economic Research announced last month that the Great Recession ended in June 2009. According to the experts who date the business cycle, the economy has been improving for the past 15 months. If you're one of the small business owners not experiencing the recovery, you're not alone. Plenty of recent data, from opinion surveys to Bureau of Labor Statistics self-employment numbers to the National Association of Credit Management's Credit Managers' Index of bankruptcy filings, indicate that conditions have gotten worse for small businesses since the economic recovery began.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- One of the World’s Hottest Stocks Is Now Tumbling
- Recent ‘Odd’ Market Moves May Be a Warning Sign for Stocks
- This Rare Bear Who Called the Crash Warns Housing Is Too Hot Again
- The Global Economy Is Doing Just Fine, But the Davos Elite Is Worried
- Dollar Edges Lower Amid Shutdown; Stocks Advance: Markets Wrap