Tax Those Bloggers, City of PhiladelphiaGene Marks
Bloggers in my hometown are up in arms because the City of Philadelphia is charging some of them a $300 lifetime "business privilege" tax. The city's position is that many of the bloggers accept advertising revenue and are in effect operating a business within the city limits. "How can they do this," the bloggers shriek. "This is a violation of free speech; it's an outrage."
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Fed Raises Rates, Eyes Three 2018 Hikes as Yellen Era Nears End
- These Guys Want to Lend You Money Against Your Bitcoin
- This Electric Truck Will Probably Beat Tesla’s to Market
- Bitcoin Points Way to ‘Massive Change’ for Commodity Businesses
- Disney Buys Fox Assets in $52 Billion Split of Murdoch Realm