IPhone 4 Sensors Highlight a Bright Spot for VCs
It's a great time to be a manufacturer of microelectromechanical systems (MEMS), as smartphones are increasingly filled with them—Apple's (AAPL) fourth-generation iPhone being just the latest example.The device, which was unveiled June 7, contains several new MEMS including a gyroscope, dual microphones for noise cancellation, a proximity sensor, and a light sensor.Indeed, MEMS are becoming integral as they translate the physical world into the digital one, which is great for not only a variety of old-school semiconductor manufacturers, but later-stage startups as well.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- One of the World’s Hottest Stocks Is Now Tumbling
- Recent ‘Odd’ Market Moves May Be a Warning Sign for Stocks
- Amazon Go Pushes Mediterranean Lamb, Skips the Chili Cheese Dogs
- The Global Economy Is Doing Just Fine, But the Davos Elite Is Worried
- Dollar Slips as Shutdown Drags On; Stocks Mixed: Markets Wrap