Jobs: Will a May Surge Be Followed by a June Slump?
Action Economics expects U.S. nonfarm payrolls to surge by 480,000 in the government's May employment report, scheduled for release on June 4, with a hefty boost of 420,000 from Census hiring and a 400,000 rise for government payrolls, alongside an 80,000 rise in private payrolls—the fifth straight monthly increase—that would come in below the surprisingly large 231,000 increase in April and the 174,000 gain in March.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- World’s Biggest Wealth Fund Wants Out of Oil and Gas