From Hamptons to Tahoe, Summer Home Sales Edge UpBy
In April, Texas billionaire Kelcy Warren bought a 3,500-acre trophy property, the Boot Jack Ranch near Pagosa Springs, Colo. The retreat has about 77,000 sq. ft. of living space, seven lakes, and miles of pastures. The sale, worth $46.5 million, was the biggest U.S. residential transaction so far this year. What sweetened the deal was the discount: Warren, who made a fortune in the pipeline business, got the property for 53 percent of the original asking price—$88 million, which had already been reduced last year to $68 million.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Ivanka Trump Faces Courtroom Showdown Over $785 Sandals
- Uber Losing Battle in London After Regulator Revokes License
- How Electric Cars Can Create the Biggest Disruption Since the iPhone
- Mercedes Plots Tesla Attack With $1 Billion U.S. Electric Push
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise Is Said to Plan About 5,000 Job Cuts