Immigration Issues to Arrest Arizona Sports?Rick Horrow and Karla Swatek
If sports are the social change agent that they have proved themselves to be time after time—think Jackie Robinson and baseball integration, college sports' Title IX, and Magic Johnson's tireless work on AIDS awareness and treatment—then what's the right answer for MLB Commissioner Bud Selig when it comes to Arizona's harsh new immigration laws? In response, should Selig pull the 2011 All-Star Game out of Arizona, as U.S. Representative Jose Serrano (D-N.Y.) and others have requested? Should baseball's Hispanic players, who make up close to 30 percent of team rosters, boycott games? And where's the leverage from fans?
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- Honda Recalls 800,000 Odyssey Minivans Linked to Injuries