Geely buys Volvo. It could workDavid Welch
Mergers and acquisitions in the car business have a terrible record. DaimlerChrysler stands tall as the worst example of a bad marriage. General Motors made a hash of Saab and Hummer and its tie-ups with Isuzu, Suzuki and Subaru didn’t yield much either. Tata has struggled with Jaguar and Land Rover and now that Ford is sending Volvo off in a boat to China, we have to ask, can Geely make a go of this?
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- These Guys Want to Lend You Money Against Your Bitcoin
- Fed Raises Rates, Eyes Three 2018 Hikes as Yellen Era Nears End
- This Electric Truck Will Probably Beat Tesla’s to Market
- Bitcoin Points Way to ‘Massive Change’ for Commodity Businesses
- Famed Short-Seller Jim Chanos Says Tesla Headed for ‘Brick Wall’