Greece: A Game of 'Chicken' with the ECB?Natascha Gewaltig
If Moody's Investors Service follows other rating agencies in downgrading Greece's debt, the nation could be in the position that its government debt may no longer be eligible as collateral in European Central Bank refinancing operations. Moody's warned on Feb.25 that "if in a few months it appears there are significant deviations from the plan [to reduce Greece's deficit], then it is pretty likely that we would adjust the rating accordingly." Such a departure could lead to a cut of "a couple of notches" from its current A2 designation.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- This $14 Million Atlanta Home With Bunker Is ‘Safest in America’
- Separatists Pledge to Fight On After Spain Moves to Oust Catalan Leaders
- These Cities Make NYC Housing Look Dirt Cheap
- GE's New CEO Vows Sweeping Change After ‘Unacceptable’ Report
- Greenwich Mansion Listings Pulled to Wait for a Better Day