Bankers Urged to Get to Know BorrowersBy
Regulators want the nation’s banks to get to know their small business customers better. In a statement Friday, federal and state regulators said banks shouldn’t curtail credit based on negative trends in an industry or location. Instead, they should evaluate each business on its own ability to repay. From the statement (emphasis mine):
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Billionaire Tom Barrack Throws Harvey Weinstein a Lifeline
- Everything Is Crazy and the Markets Aren’t Freaking Out
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing
- Facebook Is Looking for Employees With National Security Clearances